Hostel Territory

So we've set off to Barcelona to live the dream and open our very own hostel. We're keeping this journal online to keep everyone updated of our progress, adventures and mishaps navigating Barcelona's booming tourism industry, Spanish bureaucracy, and daily life in Catalunya.

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

After a two week surprise trip home for Thanksgiving, it's been tough getting back into the swing of things. Hence the recent lack of blog posts. Can I still claim a tryptophan hangover this late in December?



Anyways, I'm in a terrific mood today, and I'm not 100% sure why. It's certainly not the weather (rainy and cold), the desk chair I'm sitting in (broken and uncomfortable), the amount of money we're raking in (little, occupancy's not great) or the sheet salesman that just dropped by to sell his latest wares (he kept calling me Gloria). So I think it's a combination of general holiday cheer and the fact that Lee's coming back this afternoon! It's a little tough to have all the pressure of the hostel fall on me. I'm the only one fixing radiators, buying milk, paying suppliers, making up the schedulea etc. It's nice to split the work up a little! Plus it's great to have my permanent dinner date/partner-in-crime/couch lounging pal back. What good is a two-for-one burger special at Foster's of Hollywood without someone to split it with!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home