Hostel Territory

So we've set off to Barcelona to live the dream and open our very own hostel. We're keeping this journal online to keep everyone updated of our progress, adventures and mishaps navigating Barcelona's booming tourism industry, Spanish bureaucracy, and daily life in Catalunya.

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Happy Election Night! Lee and I went to a party hosted by the US Consulate at a nearby hotel. In attendance were the current and former mayor of Barcelona, some other politicos and a lot of really old men. We only held on until about 2am before calling it a night. We did manage to squeeze in some fun times with McCain masks and a couple interviews for the local media. Lee was interviewed by Radio Catalunya about the "Broccoli Effect," and I had to explain on TVE about how I would feel if Obama won. My very eloquent answer was "uh, me da igual." You can't expect intelligent well thought out answers in Spanish at 2 AM after copious amounts of free mojitos. I'm sure they edited it to make me look like the dumb gringa.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home