Hostel Territory

So we've set off to Barcelona to live the dream and open our very own hostel. We're keeping this journal online to keep everyone updated of our progress, adventures and mishaps navigating Barcelona's booming tourism industry, Spanish bureaucracy, and daily life in Catalunya.

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Lee and I parked our car in a nice little residential area outside of the center about 7 months ago. We finally went back to get it only to find out that it had been impounded. We had to trek out to some random industrial park about an hour outside the city to get it back. It was quite an adventure. They definitely had a junkyard dog. The security guard would only let me go with him, leaving Lee stranded at the front gate and me praying that I wouldn't be assaulted.

The battery was dead in our car and required a jump, but otherwise I was just happy it didn't look like this gem that was parked across from it...


It's now parked safe and sound in a real garage spot right around the corner from the house. Getting it in and out is going to prove another challenge. I'll take pictures of how tight the spot is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home