Hostel Territory

So we've set off to Barcelona to live the dream and open our very own hostel. We're keeping this journal online to keep everyone updated of our progress, adventures and mishaps navigating Barcelona's booming tourism industry, Spanish bureaucracy, and daily life in Catalunya.

Thursday, October 09, 2008

I usually tell people I'm pretty fluent in Spanish, but I made a slight grammatical error in speaking today that wound up a little more embarrassing than just that. A guy came to the door offering his company's services and asked who he could speak to. Annoyed at being interrupted from a serious Free Cell winning streak. I replied with a snotty look "con yo," instead of the proper "conmigo." It's really no big deal but when pronounced out loud "con yo" sounds exactly like the Spanish word coño which means... well you can do the translation here. He made a funny face but continued his speech, and I didn't realize until I closed the door what I'd said.

Whoops.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home