Hostel Territory

So we've set off to Barcelona to live the dream and open our very own hostel. We're keeping this journal online to keep everyone updated of our progress, adventures and mishaps navigating Barcelona's booming tourism industry, Spanish bureaucracy, and daily life in Catalunya.

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Lee and I are taking Catalan classes offered for free by the government of Catalunya. We loved our first level class, but now we're on level two. We went from head of the class to the bumbling idiots in the corner. Our new class is full of people who have lived here for 15 years and speak Catalan daily with all of their friends and coworkers but have only now decided to formalize their education.

In class today, our teacher told me that my pronunciation is good, but I take too much time thinking about the words. Uh, no kidding. Considering that this time last year I hadn't even heard of a language called Catalan, I think I'm doing a fine job. It's probably a good thing that
I couldn't think of the words fast enough to say that out loud.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home