Hostel Territory

So we've set off to Barcelona to live the dream and open our very own hostel. We're keeping this journal online to keep everyone updated of our progress, adventures and mishaps navigating Barcelona's booming tourism industry, Spanish bureaucracy, and daily life in Catalunya.

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

So, we were a bit bad with the blog last month (by we, I mean Lauren- I'm maintaining my habitual frequency) but we're just keeping in line with the general Spanish work habits in August. Of course we've always heard that Europe shuts down in August but experiencing it first hand is another story. I nearly cried the day I realized that our convenience store - of all places- was closed.

The hostel progress has been terribly slowed as well. At this point, our main focus is to get the technical plans drawn up so that we can apply for the necessary permits before construction begins. To my surprise, this is one thing that realistically could be accomplished in August because the government entities actually remain open. However, progress on our licensing would assume that our architect and engineer were not going on vacation. I've found that if you do happen to "work" through August, there's not much to be done because you likely rely upon someone who is on vacation to get your job done. At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home