Hostel Territory

So we've set off to Barcelona to live the dream and open our very own hostel. We're keeping this journal online to keep everyone updated of our progress, adventures and mishaps navigating Barcelona's booming tourism industry, Spanish bureaucracy, and daily life in Catalunya.

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Awkward Hostel Moment #2425: Wake-up "nudges" in the dorm.

So, if a guest asks, we'll agree to give them wake up knocks at a requested hour. Sometimes, guests in our shared dormitories ask for a wake-up nudge.

Today, I had a wake-up nudge on the docket for a Norwegian kid in the male dormitory at 10am. I understand that he went to bed at 6:30 this morning. So it goes.

This kid WON'T wake up. I nudged, shook the bed, shouted (how I think you pronounce) his name, turned on the lights. NADA. At one point, he opened his eyes (although he was clearly out of it), acknowledged my presence, and responded in the affirmative when I asked if he was awake. At another point, he slapped my arm away when I was nudging him. Not much more I can do, right? I'm just concerned he's going to miss a flight.

I agreed to wake you up, not to help you regain consciousness from a drunken stupor.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The information here is great. I will invite my friends here.

    Thanks

     

Post a Comment

<< Home