Hostel Territory

So we've set off to Barcelona to live the dream and open our very own hostel. We're keeping this journal online to keep everyone updated of our progress, adventures and mishaps navigating Barcelona's booming tourism industry, Spanish bureaucracy, and daily life in Catalunya.

Thursday, October 15, 2009

So, we've been terrible about the blog recently. My excuse is that we've neglected it in order to ramp up our Twitter usage. I realize that we're targeting two different audiences- potential guests and Barcelona residents with our Twitter and friends and family with our blog- and we should really do better maintaining both.

There's too much to fill in since our last post so I'll just jump right back in with tales of strange hostel stories.

Yesterday, I checked the Somnio mailbox in the lobby of our building. Nothing urgent ever comes here so there's usually a stack of mail whenever I think to check it. There were a few bills (boring), more than a few ads for Domino's Pizza (score!), and a wad of paper. Our neighbors are no longer our enemies but they continue to passively attack us by throwing all of their garbage mail (read: Domino's ads and other wads of paper) in our box. I nearly dismissed this wad of paper but I think I stopped because of its heft. At first, I thought it was a wadded up chewing gum wrapper and was a bit sicked out. But, when I actually looked at it, I realized it was money! Someone had wrapped a five Euro note around a one Euro coin and left it in our box!

It's a mystery. I have no idea who left it there or why, but you better believe I check my mail every day now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home