Hostel Territory

So we've set off to Barcelona to live the dream and open our very own hostel. We're keeping this journal online to keep everyone updated of our progress, adventures and mishaps navigating Barcelona's booming tourism industry, Spanish bureaucracy, and daily life in Catalunya.

Monday, October 19, 2009

On Saturday, Lauren and I went to the grocery store around the corner. Yada, yada, yada, I got into an altercation with a crazy man who was trying to steal things and now I have to watch my back.

Lauren couldn't believe that I'd get involved in a situation like this but someone has to stand up for our neighborhood. Not on my watch!

In an unrelated story, some punks snuck into the hostel lobby on Friday night and did some mailbox vandalism. This happened once before to a more serious degree (involving a bodily function) but on Friday, they just went for the old-fashioned open the unlocked mailboxes and throw all the mail on the floor gig. I wonder if the Halloween season is a universal call to pranksters all over the world. Personally, I think TPing is a lot more effective than throwing junk mail about. Know how I randomly found six Euros in the mailbox the other day? Maybe that was paying it forward for the cleanup duties.

We'll call it even.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home