Hostel Territory

So we've set off to Barcelona to live the dream and open our very own hostel. We're keeping this journal online to keep everyone updated of our progress, adventures and mishaps navigating Barcelona's booming tourism industry, Spanish bureaucracy, and daily life in Catalunya.

Monday, February 23, 2009

I generally don't answer my cell phone when I don't know the incoming number. You never know who I decided to give my phone number to at 3am on Saturday or which mattress vendor will be harrassing me for payment, so it's best to screen. Sometimes when I'm in the mood for adventure, I'll answer.

This morning I got a call from some woman about a "presupuesto pendiente" (outstanding estimate). Of course it's some random company name that sounds like total gibberish to me out of context. Finally I figured out that she had sent an estimate for linen prices in July 2007, and was following up. Say what? Thanks for the great customer service.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home