Hostel Territory

So we've set off to Barcelona to live the dream and open our very own hostel. We're keeping this journal online to keep everyone updated of our progress, adventures and mishaps navigating Barcelona's booming tourism industry, Spanish bureaucracy, and daily life in Catalunya.

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

So trying to keep busy over the weekend, I started to email potential suppliers of things like electronic door locks, CCTV systems, mattresses, etc. I have a huge list from a hospitality convention so I sent out a mass email with my address asking people to send catalogues. I figured we might as well figured we might as well start comparison shopping, right?

Well evidentally the salespeople were not trained in the same country as our realtors. The past two days, we've had random salespeople DROP BY our apartment to sell us things. I guess they figured the address was an office. Fortunately yesterday we were still in our business attire from another meeting. But the man trying to sell maids' cleaning carts forced his way into our apartment and proceeded to sell us his wares in the midst of our kitchen table covered in my unfolded laundry. I almost died.

Today we are working on stuff at home, so we were still in pajamas when salesperson #2 dropped by. Lee lied and told her that "Lauren" wasn't home. She was dropping off samples of little shampoo and body wash bottles. Score. Lee probably looked like she needed them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home