Hostel Territory

So we've set off to Barcelona to live the dream and open our very own hostel. We're keeping this journal online to keep everyone updated of our progress, adventures and mishaps navigating Barcelona's booming tourism industry, Spanish bureaucracy, and daily life in Catalunya.

Thursday, May 27, 2010

I just got a call from a girl speaking Spanish with a very thick (difficult to understand) French accent trying to sell me some complex information system. What with the one computer Somnio Hostels SL has, I was not at all interested. I listened politely to her clearly scripted speech for about 2 minutes, waited for a brief pause, cut in to say "Sorry, I´m not interested" and hung up.

The phone rang again. I answer "Somnio Hostels?"
And I hear a snotty "Why did you hang up on me?"
Me: "Uh, I´m not interested in your complicated IT system as I explained."
Bitchy French girl: "Well fine then, we´re better off without you."

What? Is she for real? Are they taking tele-marketing to a whole new annoying level where you can´t even have peace after hanging up on them?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home