Hostel Territory

So we've set off to Barcelona to live the dream and open our very own hostel. We're keeping this journal online to keep everyone updated of our progress, adventures and mishaps navigating Barcelona's booming tourism industry, Spanish bureaucracy, and daily life in Catalunya.

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Lee and I popped by the bank on our break yesterday to express some discontent. I guess La Caixa is notorious for hidden fees, and I'm starting to understand why. Every time we want to download our transactions into a spreadsheet, they charge us 1.50 and make us wait 2 hours. It makes sitting down to do the accounting pretty tough. Additionally, they charge a ton every time we want to make a transfer. And this is all on top of the 15 euros we pay every month for "service" and the 1% fee we pay on all credit card transactions that we accept at the hostel.

Fortunately, the magic words "I'm not satisfied with the La Caixa and want to move my money to another bank" worked like a charm. A couple clicks of the mouse, and we're no longer paying transfer fees or to download our transactions. I think I'm learning from our whiny guests slowly but surely!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home