Hostel Territory

So we've set off to Barcelona to live the dream and open our very own hostel. We're keeping this journal online to keep everyone updated of our progress, adventures and mishaps navigating Barcelona's booming tourism industry, Spanish bureaucracy, and daily life in Catalunya.

Monday, May 26, 2008

I just had a pair of door-to-door office supply salespeople stop by to sell their wares. I was hoping for a free pen out of it, so I humored them by answering their annoying questions about every office product we use down to the last staple. They insisted on taking me through virtually every page of their 426 page catalogue.

The highlight was Mr. Office Supply taking one look at our hard plastic Ikea chair behind the front desk and warning me that sitting here for 16 hours would lead to a "culo cuadrado" while Mrs. Office Supply nodded gravely as if square butts are something of a national epidemic they are working together to cure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home