Hostel Territory

So we've set off to Barcelona to live the dream and open our very own hostel. We're keeping this journal online to keep everyone updated of our progress, adventures and mishaps navigating Barcelona's booming tourism industry, Spanish bureaucracy, and daily life in Catalunya.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

What goes up, must come...

Our elevator is not the best but it'll get you to your floor,


eventually.

While its age is charming, it's still just old. We've already rescued three guests from it's rusty embrace but today was a first for me: the good Samaritan rescue. I couldn't help but hear the pounding and pleas coming from the elevator shaft as I was tidying bathrooms and checking out guests this morning. To my delight, the pounding was coming from a few floors above us.

In the continuing war with the cranky neighbors, I'd like to think this was a small victory. Not only are we constantly on neighborhood watch 24/7 but we're always here with a helping hand in case they get stuck in the elevator. What I want to know is, had I not come to the rescue, how long would it have taken for the two offices full of people between my floor and the floor the elevator got stuck to get off their culos cuadrados and do something?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home