Hostel Territory

So we've set off to Barcelona to live the dream and open our very own hostel. We're keeping this journal online to keep everyone updated of our progress, adventures and mishaps navigating Barcelona's booming tourism industry, Spanish bureaucracy, and daily life in Catalunya.

Sunday, July 13, 2008

So, there's been a lull in the blog posts. It probably goes without saying but Lauren is back in the states right now for a two week break from Somnio. She's missed quite a lot so far. I'm never good [read: entertaining or frequent] with my blog posts but I should re-cap some key events so Lauren doesn't feel lost when she gets back:

- San Fermines is in full swing and everyone is either headed to or coming back from Pamplona. I'm a little tired of the bravado. The way any guy tells the story, you'd think he had slain a pack of bulls single-handedly.

- We had a guest check-in at 3pm stinking drunk with nothing but the shirt on his back. His story was that he got robbed. What doesn't add up is how he managed to afford to get shitoxicated after being robbed. I asked him later about the incident and he said, "I was walking around and I decided to sit down on a bench for a little while. I fell asleep and when I woke up, I had been robbed." I hate it when that happens!

- All the lazy Sundays when Mom had control of the channel changer paid off. Some of the tricks from This Old House came in handy. I've affixed a light fixture in the bathroom, repaired a hole in a plaster wall and re-hung drapery rods, and re-installed door handles on the elevator.

- Channeling Bob Vila wasn't enough. I've had five different "professionals" in to repair 4 A/C units and an electrical problem. For the amount they charge, I think I should buy the TOS DVDs and start taking notes.

- Our neighbors have filed a formal complaint about our "improper elevator usage". I think they think it's improper that we actually use it. I've had to call the technician on various occasions after it has broken down. I'm pretty sure El Presidente is just miffed that the neighbor association is getting stuck with the bill.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home