Hostel Territory

So we've set off to Barcelona to live the dream and open our very own hostel. We're keeping this journal online to keep everyone updated of our progress, adventures and mishaps navigating Barcelona's booming tourism industry, Spanish bureaucracy, and daily life in Catalunya.

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I'm back. Many thanks to Lee for keeping our readers oh-so-informed in my absence (as usual).

I had a great time back in the States seeing family over the 4th and sending my good friend Katie off into married life with a blow-out bachelorette party/bridal shower weekend extravaganza in Rhode Island. It was great to see (almost) all my Georgetown girls in one place. The wedding is going to be out of control, in a good way.


As usual, flying back was a pain. A nice older gentleman sat next to me on the plane and casually draped his hand on my thigh for the entire flight (he was asleep). And of course, British Airways lost my bag. This is the FOURTH time in the last FOUR flights. I'm currently drafting a very stern letter to their CEO, Willie Walsh.

Everything seems under control at the hostel. Good work, Lee. She's been very generous to give me pretty light hours this week as I ease my way back into work mode and the GMT+1 timezone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home