Hostel Territory

So we've set off to Barcelona to live the dream and open our very own hostel. We're keeping this journal online to keep everyone updated of our progress, adventures and mishaps navigating Barcelona's booming tourism industry, Spanish bureaucracy, and daily life in Catalunya.

Saturday, March 15, 2008

It's 10am on Saturday and all's quiet at Somnio. Lauren was up until 4 on the late shift so I got up early this morning to make the pastry run for our guests' breakfasts. One guest checked out early and we have three rooms to make up before this afternoon. I don't want to wake up any other guests so I'm going to hold off on the cleaning for now... or at least that's my excuse when Lauren wakes up at noon and expects everything to be set up.

All in all, this hostel thing is a lot easier than I'd imagined. We've got a lot of cleaning in the first half of the day and a lot of hostessing in the evening but it's very dead in between. Who wants to hang out in your hostel when you're in Barcelona? Even if it is a place as nice as this.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 10:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    nice excuse Lee...just be careful otherwise you might awaken the giant within the boss; Lauren :)

    I just wish to be there to have a feeling of Barcelona.

    anyways, this hostel is its first in a future hostel chain. Can I be part of it? I just wish.

    Good luck to both of you, Lee and Lauren.

    SAM

     

Post a Comment

<< Home