Hostel Territory

So we've set off to Barcelona to live the dream and open our very own hostel. We're keeping this journal online to keep everyone updated of our progress, adventures and mishaps navigating Barcelona's booming tourism industry, Spanish bureaucracy, and daily life in Catalunya.

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Back in BCN.

Our test mattresses arrived today (ie the mattresses Lee and I will be sleeping on until the hostel opens). They're pretty nice, but mine takes up almost my whole room. Considering my sleep habits, I suppose that's proportionally appropriate.

We met with a guy today about installing a security camera system. I think I'm getting really old, because everything seems really high tech to me. You can access the feed from your cell phone anywhere. We're thinking of hiding one in a teddy bear in the lobby to keep tabs on our receptionists.

In more fun news, we're going to the opening of a new ice bar tonight. -5 degrees celcius inside. Lee's fingers turn purple walking down the street in balmy BCN weather, so I'm sure she'll have a blast. All in the name of research of course. Their website plays Vanilla Ice. They had me at "Stop, Collaborate and Listen." Should be, er, cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home