Hostel Territory

So we've set off to Barcelona to live the dream and open our very own hostel. We're keeping this journal online to keep everyone updated of our progress, adventures and mishaps navigating Barcelona's booming tourism industry, Spanish bureaucracy, and daily life in Catalunya.

Friday, October 19, 2007

We got the basic "don't call us, we'll call you" at our casting call today. I'm not sure we're the future faces of La Caixa, but we'll see. We did, however, manage to finally eat at Quatre Gats, which was right next door. It's a really iconic Barcelona place where Picasso and all his friends supposedly hung out. I'd highly recommend the Menu del Dia for 12 euros. Decent food, cool surroundings, great location, and local businessmen who like sharing cava with American "tourists." We dropped a little como se llama on them, and I think they realized we're locals.

We stopped by the hostel today to check on progress. Lee and I were both blown away with how different the place looks. I'll put up some before and after pictures tomorrow. It's great to start getting a visual of what it'll be like. The guys working enjoyed the cold 4:30pm beers we dropped off too.

Lee's sitting on the floor next to me with her computer wide open trying to clean out all the dust. The phrase "I think putting together a computer looks pretty easy" just came out of her mouth. I should stop writing and intervene.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home