Hostel Territory

So we've set off to Barcelona to live the dream and open our very own hostel. We're keeping this journal online to keep everyone updated of our progress, adventures and mishaps navigating Barcelona's booming tourism industry, Spanish bureaucracy, and daily life in Catalunya.

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Lee and I are moving out of our old apartment and into a really great new place a block away from the hostel. So we've spent the day showing our current apartment to all kinds of random strangers - trying to hide our piles and piles of shoes, killing any bugs before they see them, playing off our nosy neighbors as "friendly and caring," etc. I posted the apartment on loquo yesterday and had 14 people call within an hour. I think I might start dabbling in apartment rentals. Realtors here get a fee of 10% of the first year's rent. 1,200 euros for the work we did today? Where do I sign up?

The only thing I'm going to miss is the noise coming from next door that sounds identical to the noise in Sim Tower when the elevators went up and down. It was really inspiring my work.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home